The wild beauty and unique ecology of the Galápagos Islands make it the perfect expedition cruise destination, a place where little has changed since Charles Darwin first arrived in 1835. Join Hurtigruten Expeditions on a journey of ecological discovery as you sail in Darwin’s footsteps to explore the natural wonders and iconic wildlife of Galápagos. A team of handpicked experts will sail with you aboard the intimate expedition vessel, Santa Cruz II, an expedition ship ideally suited bring to life the very best the UNESCO-protected Galápagos Islands have to offer. The ship, with capacity for only 90 guests, has been newly refurbished in a modern Scandinavian style. With a ratio of approximately 11 guests per expedition guide, you’ll enjoy a highly personalized experience. On this science-oriented cruise, you’ll get closer to the stunning scenery with the use of small boats (RIBs), kayaks, snorkeling gear, glass-bottom boat expeditions, and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs). Safety and sustainability are always at the core of Hurtigruten’s operations, with the aim of leaving the smallest possible footprint wherever they go.
3 Reasons to Cruise with Hurtigruten Expeditions
1. Incredible Wildlife - Known as the “Big 15,” the Galápagos Islands are home to some of the most
unique species on the planet, including Darwin’s famous finches, iguanas, giant tortoises, and more.
2. Small-Ship Experience - With a maximum capacity of 90 guests, Hurtigruten’s state-of-the-art cruise ship takes travelers on an immersive, intimate journey to locations that larger ships simply cannot reach.
3. Explore With Experts - Hurtigruten’s expert Expedition Team members serve as invaluable hosts during your expedition, guiding you through a wide range of activities and educational lectures both ashore and on board.
The remote and rugged natural beauty of the Galápagos Islands await your discovery. Contact your travel advisor to learn more about current promotions and pricing - and book your Galápagos cruise today!
- Australia & New Zealand Expeditions: Unlock the Wonders Down Under
- Escape to the Liberating World of Avalon
- Essential Tips for Booking Your Next All-Inclusive Vacation
- VIDEO: Incredible! Helicopter Quest for Emperor Penguins on the Scenic Eclipse in Antarctica
- The Bahamas "Launching" as the Next Destination for Space Tourism